Top Bar
Bottom Bar

Community Eligibility Program

Child Nutrituon Services for Cumberland County Schools logo.

Operations Center

810 Gillespie Street

Fayetteville, North Carolina  28306

Community Eligibility Information for Parents

Cumberland County Schools (CCS) Child Nutrition Services is excited to announce the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is being offered in fifty-six of our schools for the 2017-2018 school year. The provision enables each student enrolled in the participating schools to receive a breakfast and lunch at no charge on days when school is in session. Students enrolled at participating CEP schools are not required to submit a lunch application to receive meals at no charge. 

Schools participating in CEP for the 2017-2018 school year are:

Elementary Schools

Alderman Road, Armstrong, Loyd Auman, Ed. Baldwin, Beaver Dam, T.C. Berrien, Lillian Black, Brentwood, W.T. Brown, Elizabeth Cashwell, Cliffdale, College Lakes, C. Wayne Collier, J.W. Coon, Cumberland Mills, Cumberland Road, Ferguson-Easley, Glendale Acres, Bill Hefner, Lake Rim, Manchester, Benjamin Martin, Mary McArthur, E.E. Miller, Montclair, Morganton Road, W.H. Owen, Ponderosa, Rockfish, J.W. Seabrook, Sherwood Park, Lucile Souders, Stedman Elementary, Stedman Primary, Sunnyside, Walker-Spivey, Warrenwood, Westarea, and Margaret Willis. 

Middle Schools

Max Abbott, Douglas Byrd, Anne Chestnutt, Hope Mills, Ireland Drive, Nick Jerald’s, Pauline Jones, Lewis Chapel, South View, Spring Lake, and Westover Middle. 

High Schools

Douglas Byrd, Ramsey Street, E.E. Smith, Westover, and A.B. Wilkins.


What does CEP mean for lunch applications?

Schools that are participating in CEP will not distribute lunch applications to their students for the 2017-2018 school year. However, traditional and year-round schools that are not participating in CEP will continue to distribute lunch applications to students to be completed and returned to respective school cafeteria managers and them processed at the Child Nutrition main office to determine a student’s meal status. 

What if one sibling is attending a CEP school and the other is not?

The student that is not attending the CEP school will need to submit a lunch application to apply for benefits. All students attending CCS, including those attending a CEP school, need to be listed on the lunch application. Please refer to application example as to how to complete the lunch form. Please contact the Child Nutrition office at (910) 678-2595 for questions as to why one sibling may be receiving a meal at no charge and the other does not. 

What if a student is attending a CEP school, but is transferring to a non-CEP school?

Although the student received meals at no charge at the CEP school that does not mean the student will receive the same benefits if they transfer to a non-CEP school. If a student transfers from a CEP to a non-CEP school within the same county and the student is not otherwise eligible for meals at no charge (e.g. SNAP direct certification, homeless, migrant), an application must be submitted to the cafeteria manager or the CNS office, upon enrollment in the non-CEP school. Completed applications will be processed within 10 days after received by the CNS office. 

At a CEP site, many a student be charged for an incomplete meal if the student refuses to select the components required for a complete meal?

Yes. This is the same policy at non-CEP schools. A student could select an incomplete meal. however, because the incomplete meals may not be claimed for Federal reimbursement, the student would be charged a la carte prices for the foods selected on their tray.

Can students at a CEP school purchase additional food items?

Yes. Students can purchase approved additional food items approved for a la carte sales. 

If you have any questions, please contact the Child Nutrition Office at (910) 678-2502.



“In accordance with Federal civil rights law and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: The institution is an equal opportunity provider. 


Published by Sharon Shipley on July 1, 2018
Bottom Bar
  • Visit links for more information

  • Visit links for more information

Bottom Bar

Cumberland County Schools
2465 Gillespie Street • Fayetteville, NC 28306

© Cumberland County Schools
Send questions or comments to
Web Manager

Website Accessibility I Accesibilidad a las Pбginas Web | Copyright/Privacy Notices and Disclaimers | Derecho de Propiedad Literaria/Avisos Privados y Renuncias